Thursday 15 May 2014

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick Review



Bobbi Brown recently reformulated her stick foundation (yay!) and after watching the Wayne Goss makeup Artist Review on Youtube I was itching to try it! According to the lovely Mr. Goss this foundation stick looked so natural, it just looked like skin yet it provided a good amount of coverage. Your skin but better, in a stick? Err... Yes please!

It took me a while to get my mitts on this stick of wonder. I wanted to visit a BB counter and do a proper colour match, as I've never worn a BB foundation before and I wanted to be sure of my shade. I ended up purchasing 3.25 Cool Beige which is a perfect match for my skin. (Just for reference, I am an NW20 in MAC).

3.25 Cool Beige

Heavy Swatch

Blended

Application is easy, a few tiger stripes on the face - cheeks, forehead, nose and chin, blend with a dense round top kabuki brush, (Crown Brush), and I had that "my skin but better" look!

It was a dream to blend, really quick with minimal effort to achieve a natural finish. Even up close in my magnifying mirror, (always a shocking experience), I couldn't detect the foundation stick on my skin.

It held up well throughout the day. I always wear a mattifying primer, (Illamasqua's Matte Veil), and powder lightly, (ByTerry Hydralonic Hydra Powder). I still needed to blot twice during the day but the foundation didn't break down anywhere. That's quite a feat on my skin, which seems to make short work of destroying foundation, especially on my chin and around my mouth. I didn't find it particularly oil controlling, but it doesn't claim to be - I found it quite balancing, (I have some pesky dry patches as well as an oil slick - joy!). It didn't stick to the flaky bits or emphasise them, nor did it make me oilier. It didn't settle into fine lines or pores. It's buildable, doesn't cake and is also great for spot concealing or touch-ups on the go.

Here's what the BB website says about it:
"Bobbi's iconic Foundation Stick gets an update with a unique transparent base plus skin tone correct pigments for an incredibly natural look. Its creamy yet weightless texture blends seamlessly so it perfectly mimics the look of healthy skin. Apply this long-wearing foundation all over or just where you need it. In 24 skin tone correct shades." 
Overall, I love this BB skin foundation stick and I would thoroughly recommend it for all skin types. It's quick, convenient and so easy to use.

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts if you have tried this foundation.

Tracy x

No comments:

Post a Comment