Thursday 15 May 2014

Illamasqua Matte Veil Review


I have oily skin. It drives me insane, especially in summer, and with that insanity comes desperation and the purchase of yet another mattifying primer! :/

Enter Illamasqua's latest release, the Matte Veil, the mattifying sister of their popular Hydra veil, (as the name suggests, a hydrator for the dry-skinned among us!). The sleek, black pot is the same size and shape but has been given a matte make-over rather than being shiny like the Hydra. 

Matte Veil is a gel/cream hybrid which has a texture not unlike the blancmange my mum put on her trifles at Christmas! It also smells a little like custard... Don't let that put you off though! It's not a thick cream, rather it has a thinner, gel-like consistency without a slimy feeling. It's light, easily absorbed and a little really does go a long way. The spatula/scoop looks tiny, (and so cute!), but it really does scoop out enough product for your entire face!



Here's what it says on the box:
"Create a long-lasting, shine-free base with this intensely mattifying formula. Matte Veil primes the skin whilst producing a matte finish. Apply before primer and foundation with fingers or an Illamasqua Brush."
30ml / 1 FL OZ
price per 10g £36.00
I have been using this since its release last week, (ordered it on the release date from here), and this is what I've found so far:
  • It absorbs quickly and easily, and doesn't pile or ball up before or during foundation application.
  • It doesn't interfere with your foundation, and I've tried several different brands, (Chanel, Bobbi Brown, By Terry, Max Factor, Armani).
  • It instantly mattifies the skin without over-mattifying where the skin is left feeling tight and uncomfortable, or foundation doesn't apply evenly.
  • It keeps me matte for a good amount of time. 1st blot needed at around the 4 - 4.5 hour mark, which for me is very good. I haven't found a primer (so far...) that keeps me matte all day, or even the majority of the day. The oil just keeps on coming! It's like trying to dry your hair with a Kleenex... not pretty!



Overall, I love the formula and I think this will be amazing to use in the hotter (#optimism) summer months. I thoroughly recommend it.

Let me know if you try the Matte Veil and what you think of it. I'd love to hear your feedback!

Tracy x

No comments:

Post a Comment