Tuesday 20 May 2014

Estée Lauder Disappear Smoothing Creme Concealer Review


Finding a concealer that covers my dark, (almost black), circles without creasing or settling into my fine (and not so fine), lines is a challenge. I've often asked myself, how difficult can it be to find a concealer that delivers good coverage, a natural look, and no creasing? (Apparently, it's mission impossible!)

I must have tried 30 concealers, both drug store and high end. Some I've liked a lot, (MAC Pro Longwear, MUFE, Charlotte Tilbury), and some were just awful, (I'm looking at you Laura Mercier and Kat Von D).

My most recent concealer purchase was the Estée Lauder Disappear Smoothing Creme Concealer, in the colour 02 Light. This concealer promises a lot, but what does it actually deliver?



The formula is light but creamy with a good amount of coverage, (medium to full), but is extremely blendable. It doesn't cake or settle into the lines around my eyes, and it wears well throughout the day and doesn't breakdown or separate.The colour is very close to my skintone so I don't use this as a highlighting concealer, but a swipe of the MAC's Prep & Prime highlighter in Radiant Rose soon takes care of that! :) 




I always set my undereye concealer with a light powder, in this case Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, but you may not need to do this if you have drier skin or less wrinkly undereyes!

The packaging is excellent, a simple tube which allows you to control the amount of product dispensed. It's hygenic, travel-friendly, and you can get every last bit of concealer out = no waste! (Yay, I hate wasting product!)

Overall this is a brilliant concealer - easy to use and very natural, with a good amount of coverage. I would really recommend checking this out the next time you're passing an Estee Lauder counter. If you've already tried it, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

Tracy x

No comments:

Post a Comment